Internet 1Gb Fiber+ Major slowdown - progressively getting slower

Cjwhyte
Grasshopper

We are having ongoing issues with my new service advertised as +1Gb Fibre +. Our speeds going direct to your blue curve have been consistently dropping at 9344 Cameron St. in Burnaby.  I had a tech look at our service ~2 weeks or so ago, and our signal levels were WAY off. This issue was resolved, but there is still an inconsistent speed. We had 920mb/s down and 3-5 up, then a week and a half later getting only  450mb/s down and 86 up  -- averaging 550-600mb/s late at night /early in the morning.    Being the head of IT for a school and making changes to its network over a VPN requires bandwidth. My upload speed inconsistencies cause issues with the VPNs functionality.     

Not happy about paying for 1GB fibre+ and getting worse than the shaw 350 (non-branded fibre) internet package. 

Labels (1)
1 Reply

-- I presume that you have a Shaw Business account. Their...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cjwhyte -- I presume that you have a Shaw Business account. Their front-line Agents seem to be better than the front-line Shaw Residential Agents.

Of course, if you get a "line-technician" to make a site-visit, you're getting a good technician.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help