Moving internet service to new address and extremely poor installation service

zhanggqi
Grasshopper

Two weeks ago, I booked a moving of my internet service that was supposed to happen on Feb 16. On Feb 16, one hour before the appointment time, I got a call from agent A saying that the installation has to be cancelled because Shaw doesn't have the fibre internet equipment for installation. Agent A transferred me to B, and both told me that if I change to another type of modem, the internet can be moved and installed on Feb 17, but the service fee has to go up. I said that's ok because I need wifi ASAP to work from home. 

On Feb 17, I was told by agent C again that my appointment to install internet was cancelled and there was no reason given. I was offered to have it installed on Feb 18 and agent D told me that there is no issue with fibre modem shortage.

During this process, it took me about 5 hours as I was transferred back and forth talking to various people discussing all options to have my internet installed ASAP. Almost every agent has a different answer and nothing I was told was consistent. This is very frustrating.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

-- Posting to this discussion forum is not a direct path...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@zhanggqi -- Posting to this discussion forum is not a direct path to Shaw.

Instead, while reading this, scroll-down, to see the "Your Voice" hyperlink. Click that link to send your report to Shaw.

TALK TO US
We're here to help