XB6 is too noisy for me too.  I also note that the XB6 do...

ModemNoiseBad
Grasshopper

XB6 is too noisy for me too.  I also note that the XB6 does not go silent in wi-fi when in Bridge mode.  Have to build faraday cage in order to filter out the high power wireless 😞

0 Kudos

-- Have to build Faraday cage in order to filter out the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ModemNoiseBad -- Have to build Faraday cage in order to filter out the high-power wireless.

Not really. Before you "bridge" the cable-modem, turn off its WiFi.

0 Kudos

Honk! Honk!  Someone is selling inedible balogna here.  S...

geeron
Grasshopper

Honk! Honk!  Someone is selling inedible balogna here. 

Shaw still has quiet modems available (Hitron CGNM-2250) .   Today August 13, 2023 I received one.  Call 1-888-472-2222 prompts 1, 1.

I agree with your complaints about the fan noise.  I had a Cisco modem and made the mistake of thinking there was something better.  The XB6 is garbage.  Today I received a Hitron CGNM-2250 modem from Shaw.   It works perfect and it makes no noise at all.  

0 Kudos

The problem with the Hitron is that it doesn’t do 100 mbp...

rstra
Grand Master

@geeron  The problem with the Hitron is that it doesn’t do 100 mbps upload speeds. The XB7 and 8 are supposedly quieter.

0 Kudos

-- "my" (sort of -- it is "rented" from Shaw) XB7 is abso...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@geeron -- "my" (sort of -- it is "rented" from Shaw) XB7 is absolutely quiet, and its WiFi signals seem stronger, throughout my home (and the immediate outdoors) than my previous Hitron.  The faster upload speed is another benefit.

0 Kudos

You shaw/Rogers should be responding with a solution. Wha...

RedEnsign3
Grasshopper

You shaw/Rogers should be responding with a solution. What the Heck do I do with other complainers unsolved complaints .

0 Kudos

wrote: What are you running - a women's institute call in...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RedEnsign3 wrote: What are you running - a women's institute call in in ?

Very inappropriate.

Just ask Shaw/Rogers to switch you from the (noisy) XB6 to the (silent) XB7.  QED

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help