Over charged by $19 and speed lowered by 40Mbps

eye
Grasshopper

Over charged by $19 and speed lowered by 40Mbps

I just noticed this TODAY!

I am getting charged $101 for Internet 60 but Internet 100 is only $92. Also not getting my $10 bundle discount

Who do I have to go to to get my money back. (can be credit towards my bill) Probably at least $200 as I had Internet 60 since 2016.

Have to go out till late afternoon. Thanks for any help.

Image of Bill and Service

Charge from bill

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Over charged by $19 and speed lowered by 40Mbps

shaw-tony

Hey eye,

Looks like you are on our grandfathered plan and a change is needed. Please touch base with our customer support on Facebook or Twitter for assistance.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

eye
Grasshopper

Well instead of compensating me the agent tried to “UP SELL” me into a higher package.

I guess I have to file an official complaint and inform media consumer affairs shows.

Letter going out to numerous people.

Hi I’ve been a Shaw customer ever since Shaw came to North Burnaby. Never once been late with payment. I am in financial crisis at the moment and went to my Shaw account only to find out that I am over charged by $19 a month for a long time now.

I have Shaw Internet 60 paying $101. You have Shaw Internet 100 for $92 also you supposed to discount by $10 for TV Internet bundle. That’s $19 a month you are stealing from me. I want “proper” compensation please or I will go to Shaw executive and also tell media consumer affairs shows.

Account: Censored

Sincerely

Censored

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

I appreciate your long-standing business with us. Our teams can certainly rework your plan to best suit your needs. I am not aware of any TV and Internet bundled discounts, any rate adjustments would have also been communicated on your monthly bill. 

Not applicable

You are on a grandfathered plan, which no longer exists. Prices change, and deals come and go. It's not Shaw's job to contact every individual customer every time new deals/plans arrive. They advertise those plans, and they are clearly shown on the website. Just because you haven't looked since 2016, doesn't make it Shaw's fault.

I am sure they will gladly switch you to a newer plan, but they don't owe you anything because you didn't contact them ages ago. They aren't stealing your money. It's your job to do your due diligence and keep on top of plan and price changes over the years.

Also, there is no bundle discounts.

eye
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw-Tony

Regarding my situation.

1) I have submitted my situation here. https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/your-voice/Resolve-a-Concern/#/

2) If I don’t get compensated my next step will be contacting a Shaw executive. (I won't give name or contact number here)

3) If nothing gets resolved I will file a complaint with

Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services (CCTS)

and CRTC and notify consumer affairs shows

4) If nothing happens - after 20+ years of being loyal to Shaw I will have to leave.

I do appreciate you Tony for trying to help.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

You are free to contact anyone you like. You are not in the right. As much as you believe that Shaw owes you compensation..... They do not. They haven't stolen anything from you. As I stated before, it's YOUR JOB to keep on top of changing deals and plans. Shaw would have happily updated your plan at any time during that period (with whatever current applicable plan was), BUT IT'S ON YOU TO CONTACT THEM, not the other way around. They are not even allowed to change your plan without your consent.

Think of it this way, Shaw has roughly 1.5 million subscribers. In what universe do you think they have the time or resources to go into every individual account and see if their plans need updating? They don't. There are plenty of deals to be had. They are advertised all over the place. But other than that, it's on us to call in and change our plans.

I get that you are choked that you are on a more expensive grandfathered plan, but other than changing to a newer plan, there's nothing you can do, and nothing that they owe you.

0 Kudos

Just to update anyone following this thread. I tried (a...

eye
Grasshopper

Just to update anyone following this thread.

I tried (and was promised) to talk to a supervisor. This never happened, no supervisor/manager ever contacted me.

I tried going via the https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/your-voice/Resolve-a-Concern/#/  submision form. Over one week later I got a reply from someone at “Knowledge Expert, Service Activations & Support” stating that they see this has been resolved. I don’t know were he got that info as nothing has been resolved.

So I’m gathering and preparing all my evidence of being over-billed and soon will submit my official complaint with the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services (CCTS).

I encourage others not to let people like “Not applicable” in this thread discourage you from fighting for your rights. Once I have an answer from the CCTS I will post back here – this may take some time.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help