Picture, but no sound

bvbizzie
Grasshopper

When I power up my secondary tv, the connection almost immediately goes to DV1 instead of the HDTV sign on, and I can see the station image, but have no sound. I have tried every recommended trick to get the right signal, to no avail. This used to happen sometimes, now it is every time. Anyone else with this problem? Does it mean that the digital box is doomed and needs to be replaced? It is almost a decade old.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

It could be the TV, cable box or the cable. I assume your...

rstra
Grand Master

It could be the TV, cable box or the cable. I assume your box, is connect by HDMI, can you try plugging the cable in to a different HDMI port on the TV?

0 Kudos

Yes everything else works. I changed the box with the one...

cbland
Grasshopper

Yes everything else works. I changed the box with the one upstairs and now it works

0 Kudos

Same for me ! Honestly time to get another provider I think

Yvonne1461
Grasshopper

Same for me ! Honestly time to get another provider I think 

0 Kudos

-- the post immediately before yours stated changed the b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Yvonne1461 -- the post immediately before yours stated changed the box with the one upstairs and now it works

Honestly, one piece of failing equipment is no reason to change from Shaw/Rogers to Bell or Telus, especially because Shaw/Rogers will replace the equipment, at no cost to you.  Call Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222] to trouble-shoot and/or get them to ship you a replacement.

Note that if you have a two-year Value Plan with Shaw/Rogers, there will be a $20/month penalty for an early cancellation of that contract that you signed.  Ouch!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help