Port forwarding issue

wimchalmet
Grasshopper

I am trying to put a port forwarding in, using the Home Connect app. In the port forwarding setup screen, the very first thing you need to do is select the computer for which the port forwarding needs to be set up for.

My computer does not show up on that drop down list.

I have done live chat with Shaw Support, and at the end of it all, they said that cannot help me, as they are not trained for port forwarding. They literally said "try searching on google".

Port forwarding worked flawless prior to it being migrated to the app. It used to be in the browser, when you were connected to your router. Since then, it is broken. Why, WHY, did you do this, Shaw? Your own tech support told me they weren't trained. I said that is fine, then please pass me on to someone who is trained, and the answer was that there is simply nobody. I'm basically on my own.

Really? That is an astounding answer.

Suggestions: change the app so port forwarding can be done by manually entering an IP address for the computer, rather than rely on a drop down box.

You really, really dropped the ball here, Shaw! I'm sure you're not reading these messages (I've seen several others complain about the exact same issue), proving that you don't care about problems you have created.

3 Replies

My plan is it switch internet providers lol you can port...

ColdWave
Grasshopper

My plan is it switch internet providers lol you can port forward on bell

0 Kudos

Frustrating that they can't just leave port forwarding in...

OldMacGuy
Grasshopper

Frustrating that they can't just leave port forwarding in the Gateway's web interface instead of forcing you to use the app for this one feature. Makes it tempting to go bridge mode & just buy a separate WiFi router.

0 Kudos

If I was hosting a server and needed open ports, I would...

rstra
Grand Master

@OldMacGuy If I was hosting a server and needed open ports, I would bridge.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help