Printer issues with new Blue Curve Modem

rmdevlin
Grasshopper

I recently upgraded to a faster internet service and had to install the new Blue Curve modem. Since installing everything is working fine except for my printers. Neither of them (Epson Artisan 1430 and Epson Workforce 7520). On my newer MacBook Pro running a beta of OS 13.2 I can only get the 1430 to set up in my printer list.The older MacBook Pro running Big Sur I see both in the printer list.  

Note: I have tried plugging  one computer into the printer via USB and it works fine.

I read that someone said that it was an IP address issue. I have the IP address from the 1430 (169.254.238.216) but when I go to change to this IP I get "NOT A VALID RANGE". 

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers. Put both 2.4 Gh and the 5Gh as separate names and login. One of my computers sees both printers while the other only sees the 1430. For both computers and printers the Mac would normally show "printer location" but shows nothing in the printer preference panel. Also I am not able to print via AirPrint from my iPhone or iPad. 

Any thoughts as to what I should do.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

-- 169.254.238.216 -- had to install the new Blue Curve m...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rmdevlin -- 169.254.238.216 -- had to install the new Blue Curve modem

This is a "reserved" IP-address, that some devices self-use when they cannot connect to any DHCP-server, such as the DHCP-server inside your new cable-modem.

Power-off your printers, and disconnect the power-cords. Reconnect the power, and restart the printer, to see if you get a "10.0.xxx.yyy" IP-address on the printer. If you do, you should be able to detect the printer within your Local Area Network (LAN), and configure each of your devices to connect to the printer.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. While trying your suggestion the rou...

rmdevlin
Grasshopper

Thanks for the help. While trying your suggestion the router is now connecting and disconnecting every few seconds. I think I may have a faulty router. Will get it replaced tomorrow. 

0 Kudos

-- the router is now connecting and disconnecting every f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rmdevlin -- the router is now connecting and disconnecting every few seconds.

There is a remote possibility that the electrical power to the router is "flaky". 

Is its power-cord directly-connected to a wall outlet, or to a power-bar, or to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help