Shaw email problems

macphl
Grasshopper

I have tried repeatedly to send emails from website: custrel@translink.ca on two separate days to two different Shaw email addresses. Each time I have sent, it shows as successful, yet I haven't received any. It is not in my spam email & I have it in my mail preferences to accept from this website.

I tried to Gmail & Hotmail and these were successfully received.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

-- Each time I have sent, it shows as successful, yet I h...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@macphl -- Each time I have sent, it shows as successful, yet I haven't received any.

Each E-mail must go from a computer to the "outgoing" mail-server. That mail-server sends the message to Shaw's "incoming" mail-server: shaw.ca MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = shw-central.mx.a.cloudfilter.net and that mail-server stores the message, until you view/download it. So, at what point in the above steps is being reported as "successful" ?

E-mail being sent to any "@translink.ca" E-mail ID is routed to Outlook.com, but that routing is not your issue.

MX preference = 7, mail exchanger = translink-ca.mail.protection.outlook.com

Can you post the E-mail headers (after removing personal details) of the messages that were successfully received by Gmail and/or Hotmail ? That would show the IP-addresses that are used when sending E-mail. It is those IP-addresses that Shaw's spam-filtering may be checking.

If you logon to Shaw WebMail, do you see the incoming message?

0 Kudos

Could you please send an email address that I can reply t...

macphl
Grasshopper

Could you please send an email address that I can reply to rather than posting here.

Thank you

0 Kudos

-- could you please send an Email address that I can repl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@macphl -- could you please send an Email address that I can reply to, rather than posting here?

From the Shaw House Rules

* Your privacy is also extremely important to us, so please do not post any personal information (e.g. Shaw Account Number, Credit Card Information, Passwords, etc.) publicly.

For that reason, I will not post any E-mail ID.

Watch out for any scammer who might post an E-mail ID, pretending that they are a Shaw Employee, and asking you to contact them, and maybe offering to help you, for a fee, or for your credit-card information, or to take "remote control" of your computer.

0 Kudos

Good Morning, I received an email directly from Translink...

macphl
Grasshopper

Good Morning,

I received an email directly from Translink and this is the response.

I can see that you have been attempting to email yourself a trip plan using the TransLink Trip Planner and that the emails have not been going through successfully. I checked with our IT team and they have advised me that Shaw is having some email trouble and that may be why these particular emails are going undelivered.

Our IT team continues to work to see whether there are any adjustments that need to be made on our side to better work with Shaw on this issue.

As I mentioned previously Gmail & Hotmail work fine.

I will leave this problem open for now and check later in the week.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

why do i get error404 not found

toner80
Grasshopper

why do i get error404 not found

0 Kudos

the wedmail will not open

toner80
Grasshopper

the wedmail will not open

0 Kudos

I can only open my Shaw email once in 4-5 tries before it...

Grasshopper

I can only open my Shaw email once in 4-5 tries before it times out.  This is going on for many months.  I can only open my Shaw by using Outlook and send email with Outloook

0 Kudos

-- I can only open my Shaw email once in 4-5 tries before...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@3233 -- I can only open my Shaw email once in 4-5 tries before it times out. 

Are you trying to use Shaw WebMail (within your web-browser) or some E-mail client (such as Windows Mail or Thunderbird) ?

Do you have another computer/device that you can try to connect to Shaw WebMail?  Does it work?  Or, on a friend's computer, can you access your Shaw WebMail?

If you have a notebook computer (or a smart-device), can you take it to some location where you can connect it to the "ShawOpen" WiFi network, in order to bypass any possible issues with your "home" Shaw cable-modem?

Have you run a "thorough" virus-scan on your computer?

Which web-browser are you using on your computer? Microsoft Edge? Internet Explorer? Google Chrome? Firefox? Safari? other?

Do you have some "Internet Security" package (anti-virus, firewall, web-filtering) package installed, that may be interfering? Can you temporarily "disable" the package?

>  I can only open my Shaw by using Outlook and send email with Outloooooooooook.

This implies (but does not prove) that nothing is wrong with the Shaw cable-modem nor your Internet connection.

0 Kudos