Shaw is raising its Value Plan Internet by $4

winterpeg
Grasshopper
Morning everyone,
Just got my October bill and Shaw(now called Roogers) gave me notice that they are raising my Value Plan Gig Internet by $4 a month even though, I thought that the reason for the value plan was to freeze my rates for 24 months! Also, my TV plan, small is going up $3 a month.  I just moved both of my mobile phones to another carrier due to better rates, so I guess it's time look to move everything to another carrier. This so-called merger is not going well. Have a great day everyone and check your October bills, if you have GIg speed Internet.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

You missed this part of the message. ”Any active discount...

rstra
Grand Master

@winterpeg  You missed this part of the message.

”Any active discount or guaranteed rate will remain in effect until its end date.”

0 Kudos

Yes I saw that. I have been trying to use the virtual Beep...

shockeymoe
Grasshopper

Yes I saw that. I have been trying to use the virtual assistant to talk to someone but it is extremely flaky. It keeps disappearing while I'm typing or sometimes it has a bar at the top telling me that I'm not connected. I want to find out if I can go from Fibre+ to Ignite+ or at least tell what the difference is but I can't get the chat to be stable. I guess the only option is Bell MTS but my daughter just had a boat load of issues with those guys... sheesh

0 Kudos

wrote: I want to find out if I can go from Fibre+ to Igni...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shockeymoe wrote: I want to find out if I can go from Fibre+ to Ignite+ or at least tell what the difference is ...

Not much of a difference.

Both Shaw & Rogers use the same brand of cable-modems.

Your current TV channels will remain available.

Rogers is not going to rewire all the coaxial-cables (on the telephone-poles up-and-down your street, and from the nearest pole into your home).

Shaw has their own computers to manage their customer database. When you switch, your personal information will be loaded into the Rogers database, and your monthly invoices will have the Rogers "branding" and the names that Rogers uses, such as "Ignite".

Have you tried going to any Rogers store-front, with 2 pieces of ID (one with a picture), and a printed Shaw invoice, to transfer? You will have to agree to a credit-check -- that's why your ID will be inspected at their store.

Sooner or later, every Shaw customer will be "migrated" into the Rogers database.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will venture into a Roger'...

shockeymoe
Grasshopper

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will venture into a Roger's shop on my next trip to the mall.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help