Shaw secretly deletes emails

BobSmil
Grasshopper

I've noticed that emails have disappeared from 3 separate folders, my sons grad pictures, and two other folders. they are just gone and not moved to any other folder. Before you say"that's odd" , looking through the forum it already happened to few other people. Is Shaw secretly deleting my emails?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

> Is Shaw secretly deleting my E-mails? Probably not. Do...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Is Shaw secretly deleting my E-mails?

Probably not.

Do you have more than one computer (or device) that is configured to access your E-mail account? If so, one computer could have downloaded all your messages onto its local disk-drive, and removed them from Shaw's mail-server.

What E-mail program are you using? Is it configured to "POP" your messages (download them to your computer, and delete them from Shaw's mail-server), or is it configured to use "IMAP" to show the messages that currently reside on Shaw's mail-server?

If you use Shaw WebMail to view your mailbox, do you see your messages?

Is it possible that some "hacker" (or family member) has obtained the password for your E-mail ID, and has "stolen" all your messages?

Shaw does have the ability to "restore" your deleted messages (from a backup that they created) -- give them a call.

I  use Shaw WebMail exclusively  to access my emails, so...

BobSmil
Grasshopper

I  use Shaw WebMail exclusively  to access my emails, so no computers are configured to download emails. i can not even see messages in deleted folder. I'm sure i wouldn't delete Grad pictures... I'll give them a call and see if they can do something, thanks.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help