tftp timeout

DJP
Grasshopper

Ever since upgrading to the Ignite home modem, tftp doesn't work. I have a device that downloads information using tftp. I have tested with a laptop. When the laptop goes through my home internet, tftp times out. When the laptop goes through a hotspot on my cell phone and not through my home internet, tftp works fine. It worked fine with my old modem. I had an online chat with support but they were no help at all.

The tftp server serves many clients. I and one other client are the the only ones having the problem. 

Any ideas what's different with the new modem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- Since your computer works fine over cellular, let's ru...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DJP -- Since your computer works fine over cellular, let's rule out the Windows Firewall being an issue.

My guess is something in the new modem's "firewall" settings, to block incoming connections on a specific port, especially for what seems to be "unsolicited" traffic on a specific port.

I know that "regular" FTP uses one port for commands/responses, and another port for "data", unless you use "passive-FTP" to stream the "data" over the "command" port.  Maybe, the same for TFTP ?

0 Kudos

I have disabled the modem's firewall for testing. It didn...

DJP
Grasshopper

I have disabled the modem's firewall for testing. It didn't make a difference.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help