Jump to solution

Thunderbird Email Client and Spam

LionsGate
Grasshopper

Shaw seems to flag some email as spam, and I cannot download the emails via Thunderbird. I must login to Shaw Webmail to check for these emails. This is very disruptive as some important "time if of the essence" business emails are channelled away from my email client. Is there anyway to unplug this? I don't really want to login to Webmail several time a day to check "spam", which a good many are not. Do Webmail filters apply only to Webmail, or do they also apply to which emails are delivered to my email client?

CEO & Founder
LionsGate Creative
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

> Shaw seems to flag some email as spam, and I cannot dow...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Shaw seems to flag some email as spam, and I cannot download the emails via Thunderbird.

You may configure your Shaw E-mail ID to silently delete all messages classified by Shaw as being "junk", or you may configure it to change the SUBJECT line to prefix "[Shaw Suspected Junk Mail]".

Those "tagged" messages are available for viewing (via Shaw WebMail) and downloading (via any E-mail client, such as Thunderbird).

I guess that Thunderbird has downloaded all the messages, and has moved all those "tagged" messages from your "Inbox" into a "junk" (or "junk mail") folder. Within Thunderbird, click on "Tools" and then on "Account Settings", to configure how Thunderbird will handle those messages.

So, just select the "junk" folder within Thunderbird -- you should find those tagged messages.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

> Shaw seems to flag some email as spam, and I cannot dow...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Shaw seems to flag some email as spam, and I cannot download the emails via Thunderbird.

You may configure your Shaw E-mail ID to silently delete all messages classified by Shaw as being "junk", or you may configure it to change the SUBJECT line to prefix "[Shaw Suspected Junk Mail]".

Those "tagged" messages are available for viewing (via Shaw WebMail) and downloading (via any E-mail client, such as Thunderbird).

I guess that Thunderbird has downloaded all the messages, and has moved all those "tagged" messages from your "Inbox" into a "junk" (or "junk mail") folder. Within Thunderbird, click on "Tools" and then on "Account Settings", to configure how Thunderbird will handle those messages.

So, just select the "junk" folder within Thunderbird -- you should find those tagged messages.

Jump to solution

Sorry, no. I see spam-flagged email in ShawMail which was...

LionsGate
Grasshopper

Sorry, no. I see spam-flagged email in ShawMail which was never downloaded by Thunderbird. Seems Shaw email server blocks some spam from being delivered to client, such that they can only be accessed via ShawMail.

CEO & Founder
LionsGate Creative
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help