This is an interesting problem! I deleted cookies as sugg...

john_nicholson
Grasshopper

This is an interesting problem! I deleted cookies as suggested and could then log in. After a day or two the problem came back, and it would not communicate with the server after many attempts. F5 and repeated clicking did not help, so I again deleted cookies, and it logged in first try. I am going to set my browser to delete cookies on shutting down (with a few saved) and will see what happens.

0 Kudos

I have been able to log in all the time now that I set co...

john_nicholson
Grasshopper

I have been able to log in all the time now that I set cookies to clear on exit. It has been fine for the last 3 weeks, so it must have been cookie related. Thanks for the suggestions!

0 Kudos

--  it must have been cookie related It might have been b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@john_nicholson --  it must have been cookie related

It might have been because Shaw has fixed something.   🙂

0 Kudos

I've been having this problem for MONTHS! Soooooo frustra...

MP46
Grasshopper

I've been having this problem for MONTHS! Soooooo frustrating. It will work for a day or two, and then back to this infuriating message. Clearing cache and cookies does NOT work. Rebooting does NOT work. My laptop uses Windows and bloody webmail doesn't work on Chrome or Edge. Then you get that one magical day when you can actually log in and you have 2 weeks worth of email.

-- My laptop uses Windows and bloody webmail doesn't work...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MP46 -- My laptop uses Windows and bloody webmail doesn't work on Chrome or Edge.

I have no problems using Shaw WebMail while using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. It also works fine on an "antique" Windows 7 system also running Microsoft Edge.

For me, if I get that "unable to communicate" message, a second "click" is successful -- no need to restart nor clearing cache nor deleting cookies. 

YMMV

0 Kudos

Used to be I could use Edge, now even Edge is not allowin...

gordn
Grasshopper

Used to be I could use Edge, now even Edge is not allowing me in.  The only consistent ione s the iOS Outlook app, which I hate. Safari is not too bad but happens there sometimes too. What is happening?!

0 Kudos

-- using Microsoft Edge (on multiple computers and smart-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordn -- using Microsoft Edge (on multiple computers and smart-devices) works fine for me, using Windows 10, Windows 7, and the operating system on my smart-device.

What happens after you see the "cannot connect" message, if you immediately click-again on the "Sign In" button (even when it is "greyed-out") ?

0 Kudos

Sometimes it works, mostly I just give up and use my iPho...

gordn
Grasshopper

Sometimes it works, mostly I just give up and use my iPhone.

It doesn't grey out, it just does nothing until I get the  "unable to communicate with login server" message, F5, try again, F5 try again, walk away....

I've also noticed the landing page can take up to a minute to load on both browsers. It happens on my work PC too.

0 Kudos

So I have a laptop, running Linux, normally use Thunderbi...

ken-poole
Grasshopper

So I have a desktop, running Linux, normally use Thunderbird to handle the email.  Thunderbird was working for my Gmail accounts but not the Shaw email accounts.  Tried the webmail.shaw.ca through the FIrefox browser and got a Cannot connect to server message so it looks like the server is down.  Called in, waited 40 minutes on hold, explained to the tech and asked if the email server was in trouble, she said no, it was fine, account was not locked, kept asking me to do things that weren't quite right.  then figured out she kept telling me to do things for the Google browser. Go to Google and try searching for the webmail server was typical, drop down from the three dots to get options,  Three dots in Chrome but not in FIrefox.  Firefox did finally start to get a response from the Webmail server but returned a message that it was unable to communicate with the login server.  Becasue she couldn't seem to work in Firefox or Thunderbird I moved to Google Chrome, whose name she did not recognize only ever called it Google, and we tried the same webmail login and got the same unable to communicate message.  We settled out the problem of finding the "browsing" data and cookies in Chrome and deleted the last hours worth, which didn't affect anything that should have been associated with the webmail connection since I'd been trying to use Firefox and Thunderbird an hour before.  But there was finally a connection in Google Chrome and subsequently in Firefox webmail and the Thunderbird client.  Danged if clearing some non-existent data and cookies in Chrome did fix the Unable to communicate with login server in Firefox and cleared the connection in Thunderbird.  How about that?  (actually, I'm still convinced that there was a problem at the server end and the back room guys got it cleared while we were messing around with Google Chrome but Shaw/Rogers will never admit to having a problem in their plant.)

0 Kudos

This happens way too often and only on shaw. My other ema...

Rallen00
Grasshopper

This happens way too often and only on shaw. My other email service is good. I may need to drop out of shaw for good.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help