What the hell is up with the internet in Victoria BC

sebschwarz
Grasshopper

The last 2 days have been insane. No more than 3mb/s when I am playing for 700+ mb/s. This is unacceptable and no one manning the support lines at night yet they claim to have 24/7 customer service. Online chat not loading because the internet is THAT SLOW! So phones are the way to go yet only businesses are allowed to be helped.Unacceptable and zero customer service.

3 Replies

-- my friend in Victoria says "everything is normal".  Wh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sebschwarz -- my friend in Victoria says "everything is normal".  Where are you? Oak Bay? City? E. Saanich? Gordon Head? Saanichton? Brentwood Bay? Esquimalt? View Royal? Colwood? Langford? Metchosin?

Personally, I have had good telephone response when calling after 10 PM Pacific. I get quickly connected to a person in a Call Centre back east, e.g., Ontario or New Brunswick, and have gotten good help.

If you have a notebook or smart-phone, take it to any Shaw Go WiFi location in Victoria (many at Uptown and Mayfair and Hillside malls), and see what speed you get. Also, try the "free" WiFi at places like Starbucks, Tim Hortons, McDonalds, to check their speed.

Internet service for the past two days has been very spot...

kfeir
Grasshopper

Internet service for the past two days has been very spotty. Do a speed test and it comes out at point instead of 20 or 30 for download. Not good enough.

Keith

/  -- everything looks good for me, when I select the Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kfeir / @sebschwarz -- everything looks good for me, when I select the Shaw Speed Test server in Victoria:

Capture.JPG

I captured the image before the test completed. I'm paying Shaw for 300 Mbps for download.

Look carefully below "Shaw Communications" to see "Victoria BC".

Where in the CRD (Capital Regional District) are you physically located? Are your neighbours affected? Friends further away from you?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help