Why do they keep over charging me

Carrigan
Grasshopper

So My August Internet payment was 1 day late as I got a new debit card. I changed it right away but Shaw already charged me DOUBLE for my internet bill for being 1 day late even though as per their policy they can only charge me 2% interest until I pay, but I was forced to pay $176.96 (reg bill is $88.48) just to have my internet turned back on. I spoke to an agent and was told they would refund me the "fee" but it's been a month and I haven't received anything. Now I get this months bill and they added a $20 charge to my internet bill for an "Activation Fee"  I am absolutely pissed and haven't been able to get through to anyone to fix this. They still owe me $88.48 or at least credit my account, I'm about to lose it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- since you missed the cut-off date for an "on-time" pay...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Carrigan -- since you missed the cut-off date for an "on-time" payment, the next invoice will show both that payment and the new current payment.  Logon to the My Shaw Portal, to:

1. confirm that you made the payment (one day late)
  2. to show the amount you still need to pay (penalty for late payment, plus current month's charges).
  3. Any "reversal" of that $20 charge.

Pay that amount shown online, not the amount on the invoice. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help