WIFI access change at work

bgermann
Grasshopper

Okay - lets try this again!!! My son works for a community centre that just changed their WIFI provider to SHAW. He has been told he can't gain access to the "open" network unless he is a SHAW customer. That must be a mistake. So I need to give him my e-mail address and e-mail password to get into an "open" network across town? As I type it I know this is wrong...but don't know where to go to figure out what to do......help.

I don't know what Label to use....geesh!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Doesn’t the community center provide wifi for staff?

rstra
Grand Master

Doesn’t the community center provide wifi for staff?

--  That must be a mistake. No, it is intentional. Access...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bgermann --  That must be a mistake.

No, it is intentional. Access to the ShawOpen WiFi network is limited to customers of Shaw Internet who have created a Shaw E-mail ID, and use that ID to authenticate their device using that E-mail ID.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Shaw is offering the ShawGo WiFi network, that is completely "open" to everybody with a WiFi-enabled device.

If you do not want him to get your password, then through the My Shaw web-site, you could add his device into the list of WiFi devices linked to your account. So, as soon as his device gets into range of the ShawOpen network, it will connect.

TALK TO US
We're here to help