-- The worst WiFi experience every ... What did Shaw do,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Tonyfed -- The worst WiFi experience every ...

What did Shaw do, after you contacted them (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) to get them to trouble-shoot?

Which cable-modem do you have? Hitron? BlueCurve?

Are you using any WiFi extenders?

What WiFi-capable devices are you using? iPhone? Tablet? Notebook?  Does those devices successfully connect when you take them to a friend's home, and try to connect to their WiFi?

Which modem are you using? I have had pretty good results...

mpgrimes
Grasshopper

Which modem are you using? I have had pretty good results with my shaw modem and easily get 960 Mbit hard wired to the modem and 150-600 Mbit on wifi depending on distance from modem, I have had zero connection drops. 

0 Kudos

If you are getting 100 Mbps via an Ethernet cable connect...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

If you are getting 100 Mbps via an Ethernet cable connected to a WiFi repeater, your cable probably is labelled (along the length) as "CAT 5", which is limited to 100 Mbps. Replace it by a "CAT 5e" or a "CAT 6" cable, and repeat the test, and tell us what you get.

0 Kudos

The XE2-SG is a piece of junk

TClarke
Grasshopper

The XE2-SG is a piece of junk 

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@TClarke -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

This forum is not a direct path to Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222].

If you can supply more information about the issue(s) that you are experiencing, you might get some help via this forum.

Which Shaw box do you have? Is TV reception your problem? Is your Internet unstable? Are you using the modem's WiFi capability? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help