Accessing Crave on Gateway and stand-alone PVRs

green_moray
Grasshopper

I recently added Crave to my services. I notice if I access Crave via Shaw on Demand on either my Gateway system or one of my stand-alone PVRs I only see a small subset of the movies and TV series that are available if using the Crave app. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Hi there, I have also noticed this on my boxes compared t...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, I have also noticed this on my boxes compared to the Crave App. Way more selection through say the Chromecast, than the Shaw boxes.

0 Kudos

Yes. Strange that Shaw's promotional literature on Crave...

green_moray
Grasshopper

Yes. Strange that Shaw's promotional literature on Crave lists all the ways you can access Crave including SOD but nothing indicating you get a reduced menu on SOD. A little misleading in my opinion.

0 Kudos

The BlueCurve system has the entire library, but, because...

rstra
Grand Master

The BlueCurve system has the entire library, but, because of the age of the Gateway, it may be limited in how much content it can list. I don’t use the BlueCurve to play any Crave content because it is not able to play in 4K, so I use my FireTV 4K for all Crave content. 

0 Kudos

Thanks rstra Yes I know there are workarounds. There is a...

green_moray
Grasshopper

Thanks rstra

Yes I know there are workarounds. There is also the option of doing this with a recent Apple TV but it is disappointing that Shaw doesn't warn you about this limitation before you sign on.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help