Cloud PVR Recording Corruption

DW16
Grasshopper

We have had ongoing issues with the cloud pvr since we upgraded to Bluecurve about a month ago. The issue is random, but about the same regardless of which program is being recorded. The show seems like it is having some buffering/pixelation, no sound, but the closed captioning seems to be working in real time. Sometimes lightning fast forwarding 5 or 10 minutes into the program then works (but if I rewind the issue comes back). I would understand that this is an issue with that section of the recording then.

Based on my contact with support they directed me to the forums since my issue is "unsupported"

• The issue with the recording is repeatable exactly the same on all the boxes, website and mobile via the app, leading me to think the issue occurred at the time of the recording
  • I was advised by support that since it's a cloud recording, it is recorded regardless of the status/connection of my boxes - ie I'm understanding that it's not an upload or connection issue on my end at the time of recording
  • I don't think it's an issue with my network as it was replicated via the bluecurve app on cellular data - ie no download issue.
  • Gig internet
  • Wireless boxes are the XiOnes (some wired via ethernet, some wireless)
  • I am unsupported since my modem is in bridge mode (to a TP-Link deco system if that matters)

So I'm really just unsure if the cloud recording is a "bad copy", or got corrupted on the Shaw side, or if everybody that recorded that show on that channel would have the same issue, but it's been frustrating. Not sure if anybody here has encountered this

Labels (1)
8 Replies

I would take the gateway out of bridge mode and do some t...

rstra
Grand Master

@DW16 

I would take the gateway out of bridge mode and do some tests. 

0 Kudos

Appreciate the response! I'm wondering what the thought p...

DW16
Grasshopper

Appreciate the response!

I'm wondering what the thought process is there as I've already bypassed the entire wifi network and repeated the issue via the app and cellular network? Unless there is something happening on the user side at the time of recording and support was incorrect?

I will do some tests taking off bridge mode, but since the issue doesn't occur on every recording, it is tough to confirm without taking down my home network for an extended period of time.

0 Kudos

True, but it would at least get Shaw to do their job and...

rstra
Grand Master

@DW16 

True, but it would at least get Shaw to do their job and provide some support. 

0 Kudos

Haha thanks I'll give it a go

DW16
Grasshopper

Haha thanks I'll give it a go

I'm having the same issue. Did you make any further progr...

Cruiseader
Grasshopper

I'm having the same issue. Did you make any further progress troubleshooting this issue?

0 Kudos

Did this ever get resolved? I have  similar issue and aft...

sighman
Grasshopper

Did this ever get resolved? I have  similar issue and after a month of complaining at support, not getting any resolution told "under investigation as there's a few other customers with this issue"

It's now 2023 and this problem still exists!  Never know...

grouch_56
Grasshopper

It's now 2023 and this problem still exists!  Never know what channel or show will have this problem, really annoying.  Tried to record a show on channel 111 the past 2 days and both were corrupt!  The workaround is to check the show through their app, if it doesn't work the recording is corrupt.  It it works then you delete the recording from you list then you can watch it on Demand.........problem with that is if it isn't available on Demand your screwed!  Honestly previous pvr's going back decades had better options.  Now you can't record more than one version of the show, so if you set it up on channel 220 at 10 am and you want to record the same show later in the day in case it was pre-empted you can't.  Decades ago you could actually setup a recording manually or by using the cloud.

0 Kudos

-- Now you can't record more than one version of the show...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@grouch_56 -- Now you can't record more than one version of the show, so if you set it up on channel 220 at 10 AM, and you want to record the same show later in the day in case it was pre-empted you can't.  

On my older Gateway PVR, I can choose between "new" and "new-and-repeats".

Also, once the recording was set, I could open the listing, and select to see "view all times" for the program, and then press the "record" button to manually add a recording of the repeat broadcast. 

Does your BlueCurve PVR have similar options: "view all times", and manually adding a repeat ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help