Discovery Velocity TV Guide

eye
Grasshopper

Hi, on my Shaw guide (the old one on a DCX3400) Discovery Velocity channel stopped showing the episode number, year  and info about the episode. I already rebooted my box twice. All other channels are showing episode number and info.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- rebooting the box causes it to download a fresh copy o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@eye -- rebooting the box causes it to download a fresh copy of the Guide.  This can take a while.  How long have you waited for it to "repopulate" ?

Note that the reloading seems to start at channel #2, and adds all occurrences of a repeating program, e.g., "5 PM News".

0 Kudos

Hi like I said in my original post. I already rebooted th...

eye
Grasshopper

Hi like I said in my original post. I already rebooted the box twice and all other channels are showing episode number and info. Maybe someone working for the guide forgot to put the Discovery Velocity info in. Or Maybe Discovery Velocity forgot to pass on the info to the guide people.

I tried looking for a tech support email at Discovery Velocity but could not find one.

I don't know who does the guide, who to contact there.

0 Kudos

-- after rebooting the box, how many minutes do you wait,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@eye -- after rebooting the box, how many minutes do you wait, before checking the Guide? It "populates" from lowest-to-highest channels, and "current-to-future" time-slots.

On my Shaw Gateway PVR, the listings for channel 242 ("Discovery Velocity HD") are present, even though I am not paying $6/month (plus taxes) to subscribe to that channel.

I recommend that you contact Shaw. They obtain the Guide information from some supplier.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help