Erratic menu jumps while fast forwarding / backwarding

Ashtonify
Grasshopper

Why does my TV jump to the PVR menu when I fast forward or backward in a recorded program? This is extremely annoying. It happens 2-3 times an evening.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Sorry, just to clarify the issue at hand here, is the pla...

shaw-valerie

@Ashtonify Sorry, just to clarify the issue at hand here, is the playback of your recording stopped and you're returned to the menu, or is it that an additional menu opens overtop of the program you're watching? What model of cable box are you using? 

0 Kudos

I'm also seeing this on a wired BlueCurve TV box.  The PV...

overstitch
Grasshopper

I'm also seeing this on a wired BlueCurve TV box.  The PVR can also now seemingly rewind over 12 hours on a channel we weren't using since this morning (and it legitimately is doing it) and the time indicator when trying to scrub forward or backwards appears to be off by 30-45 minutes (e.g. it is 10:36pm and the news ends at 10:30pm, we've scrubbed back to what should be 10:25pm but it displays 9:41pm when I pause, I hit play and the current play location then shows 9:40pm).  Hitting skip may skip 1 minute backwards or forwards, rewind immediately jumps back hours, fast forward moves in 10-20 minute increments.

0 Kudos

that is very odd. The fast-forward and rewind functions s...

shaw-tony

@overstitch that is very odd. The fast-forward and rewind functions should have several speeds available, do you see these options? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far and do you just have the one BlueCurve TV box?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help