Fast Forward is broken

dapperdan
Grasshopper

My problem seems exactly the same as - https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/fast-forwarding-on-pvr-is-broken-feature/m-p/9781#M2933

I have been through Shaw Chat support whom tried many things but culminated with a reference to INC0849529, an incident that seems broad around trouble with PVRs.

I do not feel any comfort it is going to resolve me eventually in due course. 

This has been happening for weeks.

Say you have a freshly PVR'd item, you want to skip through say the commercials, traditionally you watch the preview until you find the place you want to stop and hit play, in current behaviour the PVR will go back potentially minutes. It seems to be off as a factor of what fast forward speed you are using. If you use FF at the lowest level it is pretty accurate, but if you did 4x, it is going to be off by allot.

I have a notion it gets worse the further into the recording but do not have enough data to support that.

I really do not enjoy the recent tech support experiences, if a chat agent provides a small update every 20 minutes, I am tied to the chat for hours and hours making near zero progress. I would rather wait in line for 60 minutes and then be given someones time split maybe with 2 or 3 customers, not 100 customers or whatever it is now. You ask a simple clarifying question to something they said a millisecond ago and you have to wait 20 minutes for feedback. Oh and then get transferred to someone new, clock starts again, 'whats your name", what 20 minutes... Of course you will get new agents, it takes so long people need bio-breaks, probably lucky to get 3 sentences per hour. 

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Which model BlueCurve are you using, Xi6, XG1v3, XG1v4? W...

rstra
Grand Master

Which model BlueCurve are you using, Xi6, XG1v3, XG1v4? What troubleshooting have you tried? You could use the 30 second skip as a workaround for now. 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/tips-and-tricks-bluecurve-tv/ta-p/6409#AdditionalTips

--  a chat agent provides a small update every 20 minutes...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dapperdan --  a chat agent provides a small update every 20 minutes

That is not my experience. I always get much quicker responses to each of my messages. But, it may depend on where you are living. No Shaw Agent should be that busy, with multiple windows open, that they cannot promptly respond to you.

I would be tempted to fully close my web-browser, to "sever" the chat connection, and start again, hoping to connect to a different Shaw Agent.

TALK TO US
We're here to help