How to have BlueSky remote manage Bose sound bar

vincej
Grasshopper

I have been suing BlueSky for a couple of years. The BlueSky remote always raised and lowered my Bose Solo 15  soundbar as well as change the TV channels. Now, all of a sudden, The remote will not talk to the soundbar. Sound levels are not raised or lowered on the Bose. The remote still manages On and Off functions on the TV as well as the BlueSky PVR.  However, the remote will no longer manage the Bose soundbar.  

I can no longer find nor remember how to connect the BlueSky remote to the sound bar. 

All advice is very welcome ! 

5 Replies

Hey , you should be able to reprogram your remote to sync...

shaw-tony

Hey @vincej, you should be able to reprogram your remote to sync with the Bose audio by finding the code here along with the setup steps.

The code link seems to be broken. I'm trying to figure ou...

minofd
Grasshopper

The code link seems to be broken. I'm trying to figure out how to control my bose solo 5 soundbar with my shaw blue curve remote. 

0 Kudos

I have the same system and lost the remote once. Simply r...

rickatk
Master

@minofd wrote:

The code link seems to be broken. I'm trying to figure out how to control my bose solo 5 soundbar with my shaw blue curve remote. 

I have the same system and lost the remote once. Simply re-pair the remote using the BlueCurve setup procedure. There is a section in the BlueCurve device settings section specific to remotes. You might have to try a couple codes to get the one that access all commands. Some of the codes only access some of the remote commands.

Happened to my Samsung sound bar as well. I had to try 9...

Phil26
Grasshopper

Happened to my Samsung sound bar as well. I had to try 9 different codes before I found he one that controlled the sound bar as well as the TV. To this day I don't know why it stopped working but re-pairing using the BlueCurve setup procedures does do the trick, you just have to patiently try codes until you hit the jackpot.

0 Kudos

Hi, I had a difficult time getting my Bose Soundbar 300 t...

ronkjohnson
Grasshopper

Hi, I had a difficult time getting my Bose Soundbar 300 to work with my Shaw BlueCurve XR11 remote.  The automatic remote control programming worked for the TV, but when I added the soundbar, the remote stopped working for the TV.  No on/off functioning or sound control.  I spent an hour with the Shaw Technical Support online chat this morning and they couldn't help me.  Eventually the technician said the Bose system is probably incompatible.  I was just about to give up, when I found this page:  https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/shaw-bluecurve-tv-xr11-remote/   So I searched for the code for my soundbar, followed the very simple instructions, and bingo, the remote works perfectly with the TV and the soundbar.  Months of frustration solved. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help