Jump to solution

I managed to set a recording remotely. We are away from h...

rstra
Grand Master

I managed to set a recording remotely. We are away from home right now and needed to set a recording, I opened the web remote, selected the channel + ok and then REC + OK. It worked. 🤣🤣🤣

Jump to solution

Great idea . Thanks for posting and being so helpful . Ju...

cvaneck
Grasshopper

Great idea . Thanks for posting and being so helpful . Just trying it now . I’m  on web remote website and logged in. 
I see the remote control on my phone  screen , but no active  guide or ability to select a channel ( Ie nothing happens when I press guide or select a channel , or use voice commands)
The TV Power and Power buttons are greyed out. 
Apologies  if this is a dumb question … did you put the tv on  via the Web Remote Power button then select guide, channel , record. If so, did you have to set an option to allow the power button from web remote?
I thinking perhaps there’s a setting somewhere that enables TV  control  via the web remote that I don’t have set on.

Thanks in advance for any tips. 
Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

On further look, it seems I should set up the TV buttons...

cvaneck
Grasshopper

On further look, it seems I should set up the TV buttons  (IFTTT Keys).

Am I headed in the right direction?

thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

You don’t need to power on the TV and the Ignite box is a...

rstra
Grand Master

@cvaneck  You don’t need to power on the TV and the Ignite box is already on. The only problem with this method is you have to do it blindly, I entered the channel number and then ok, and then hit REC plus ok. When I get home, and when I can see the screen, I am going to test it with voice control. Probably wouldn’t hurt to write down the exact steps, especially if it was a future or series recording.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Ok, I’ll give this method a try ( I’m also away from my t...

cvaneck
Grasshopper

Ok, I’ll give this method a try ( I’m also away from my tv right now and will pursue further when home). 
yes, you might be right , this is as good as it’s going to get for now at least. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What is the url or app for this web remote?

kdc
Grasshopper

What is the url or app for this web remote?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

webremote.shaw.ca

rstra
Grand Master

@kdc  webremote.shaw.ca

Jump to solution

I’ve just switched from Telus to Shaw; installed the Igni...

FlipWilson
Grasshopper

I’ve just switched from Telus to Shaw; installed the Ignite app but can’t record a show. Tried reinstalling the app. Same. Why? Kinda disappointed.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

OMG! You can now record in the Ignite TV app!

ColtonW24
Grasshopper

OMG! You can now record in the Ignite TV app!

IMG_0612.png

IMG_0613.png

IMG_0614.png

Jump to solution

I just saw that too! I tested it to see if we can record...

rstra
Grand Master

@ColtonW24  I just saw that too! I tested it to see if we can record off network channels while disconnected from the home internet, and we can. This is awesome, I no longer need a cable box, I can just use my FireTV.

TALK TO US
We're here to help