Ignite TV Delay

blade_27
Grasshopper

I’ve just recently switched over to Shaw Ignite TV from Shaw Gateway. I’m currently watching the Jets game on TSN3 (Go Jets). From texting with friends during the game I’m on a EIGHT second delay from the feeds my friends are getting on the same channel.

I checked the Ignite TV app and my TV is in fact on a eight second delay.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

The latency is caused by a delay processing the video and...

rstra
Grand Master

@blade_27 The latency is caused by a delay processing the video and audio and the transmission of the signal, which could be sent through satellites. Regular cable is typically faster and over the air is fastest.

0 Kudos

I dealt with a Shaw customer representative and explained...

blade_27
Grasshopper

I dealt with a Shaw customer representative and explained to her the only reason I still have a cable package is that I still watch sports. If not for CFL and NHL I would have cut the cable years ago. When I called (which I waited 1.5 hrs on hold BTW) I was looking at some way to possibly lower my cable bill, I really don’t need the 600+ channels. The CSR I spoke with recommended I upgrade to Shaw Ignite.

Shaw really shouldn’t be recommending a service with latency over cable for customers that solely prefer watching LIVE sports. 

0 Kudos

wrote: Shaw really shouldn’t be recommending a service wi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@blade_27 wrote: Shaw really shouldn’t be recommending a service with latency over cable for customers that solely prefer watching LIVE sports. 

Do you live in a major city that has a CTV station that broadcasts "over-the-air". If so, if you have an antenna, you can connect the antenna's cable to a secondary HDMI port on your TV, and use the TV's tuner to select that "over-the-air" channel.  Hopefully, the latency will be less.

Or, buy a season ticket to the Jets, and enjoy "zero-lag".  🙂 

Are you & your friends watching the Standard-Definition channel or the High-Definition channel? The same "lag" ?

Are your friends subscribed to TELUS TV or Shaw TV?  The lags might be different. Switch to their provider, to get the same lag that they get.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help