Jump to solution

stereo redordings

gpz
Grasshopper

Having the same issue. Did an experiment last night with the hockey game. Recorded it while watching live. The live broadcast is in full surround, the recording played back in stereo. Tried "auto" and "expert" settings in Xi6, no difference. My receiver is new, and plays everything current and has no ussues dealing with audio from any other device. Talked to shaw support and they suggested POR for the modem and both Bluecurve boxes starting with the modem and waiting until a solid white light before powering up each Xi6 box, one at a time waiting for live TV before powering up the second. If that doesn't work, I'm to try a factory reset on the modem. Pita but it is what it is.......

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The last time it stopped working it just came back on its...

zzzman
Grasshopper

The last time it stopped working it just came back on its own a few weeks later.  I had called Shaw during the outage and the support person found an internal bulletin indicating it had been turned off while they did maintenance and had no idea when it would be turned back on.  Gotta love paying to be a beta tester.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

still broken -- no 5.1 on viewing saved program on cloud...

choochoo
Grasshopper

still broken -- no 5.1 on viewing saved program on cloud as of Feb 28 -- all new hi-end equipment  -- going to store and ask questions . Obviously this issue is not resolved. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Same here, worked for a while a noticed a week or so ago...

chevyb
Grasshopper

Same here, worked for a while a noticed a week or so ago back to stereo 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did you ever get this fixed? I just got the wifi boxes an...

avfan
Grasshopper

Did you ever get this fixed? I just got the wifi boxes and having the same issues as well.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Seeing that this is now broken again can the moderator pl...

zzzman
Grasshopper

Seeing that this is now broken again can the moderator please remove this as a solution.  Also can someone at Shaw please provide and update on when this issue will be fixed "again".

Jump to solution

Shaw staff told me this is an issue with no date of resol...

choochoo
Grasshopper

Shaw staff told me this is an issue with no date of resolution .

Shaw did not have many complaints due to most people just use their TV for sound rather than a "fancy" surround sound system

so I returned Bluecurve and went back to Gateway pvr.

TALK TO US
We're here to help