Shaw Bluesky wireless issues

luvadubdub
Grasshopper

We're having a ton of issues ever since installing BlueSky wireless. Everything tests good and has been confirmed by techs. We are waiting on another tech in another week.

Dropping audio, freezing picture, remote unresponsive, picture quality coming and going...

Attached is a link to a video showing some of the issues we have.

https://youtu.be/VMI_I-1DTSY

10 Replies

The issues you've described above are most often related...

shaw-valerie

@luvadubdub The issues you've described above are most often related to poor signal. The service technician would be able to do some further diagnostics at your scheduled appointment, to narrow down where that issue is coming from. 

0 Kudos

Thnaks for sharing your experience with the BlueSky wirel...

rickatk
Master

@luvadubdub wrote:

We're having a ton of issues ever since installing BlueSky wireless. Everything tests good and has been confirmed by techs. We are waiting on another tech in another week.

Dropping audio, freezing picture, remote unresponsive, picture quality coming and going...

Attached is a link to a video showing some of the issues we have.

https://youtu.be/VMI_I-1DTSY

Thanks for sharing your experience with the BlueSky wireless terminals. I am wondering about the details around your internet connection. Hardware, specs etc.

0 Kudos

I just signed up for BlueCurve TV mid-August 2019. We got...

mi6_
Grasshopper

I just signed up for BlueCurve TV mid-August 2019. We got one of the new small wireless 4K boxes (model Xi6). We only have one TV in the basement and our Blue Curve modem is on our main floor by the kitchen. I’ve been having the same issues. If anyone is on WiFi in our house, the wireless box doesn’t work very well. The picture is always buffering (grainy, poor resolution), dropping frames or stuttering. TV was completely unwatchable. Tech support told me it looked fine from their end and told me to move the TV box closer to the modem. I ended taking an alternate fix and getting this Xi6 wireless box replaced with the older XG1v4 model which still uses a coaxial cable to provide the digital TV feed instead of wireless streaming like on the Xi6 boxes. Completely sorted my problem. No more buffering or stuttering. You need to ask for the older XG1v4 box as it will solve the issue. Shaw has released this wireless 4K box too soon I’m afraid. I know many other people having the same issues with it. The streaming isn’t reliable with it. I think it only works good if the tv box and modem are relatively close to each other (same room).

Only downside was some of my cloud PVR recordings were lost (Shaw says they’re there but can’t figure out how to get them back showing up on my cloud PVR) and the old XG1v4 does not show the percentage of cloud PVR being used. Instead it tells you the number of recordings. Would sure be more helpful to know when my cloud PVR is getting too full! Now it will just randomly delete recordings as I have no idea anytime I’m near 100% full on the cloud PVR.

0 Kudos

I just got it this afternoon and so far it's terrible.

Splashadian
Grasshopper

0 Kudos

My fix... back to Gateway. While the interface isn't as p...

luvadubdub
Grasshopper

My fix... back to Gateway. While the interface isn't as pretty and the remote isn't as nice its a far more reliable and a better system frankly. We lost so many features with the wireless boxes and the reliability was awful. They couldn't get ours running after multiple appointments and finally I had a tech openly tell us 85% of her day was helping people with these boxes having these issues. They're unreliable. If yours are working you're one of the lucky ones.

0 Kudos

You are dealing with wifi devices...these devices need a some loving and TLC.

rickatk
Master

@Splashadian wrote:

You are dealing with a wifi devices...these devices need a little TLC and understanding. I would suggest:

Evaluate if you really require wireless TV players? If you have cable jacks in each room, “wired” might be less trouble for you. There is no difference in features, picture quality etc.

If you have determined you want wireless TV players, ensure your network is pristine and you are getting good signal around the house. Make sure your router connections are tight etc.

If you are not using pods you can set your router to dual band and let the router and TV players do the work sorting out the best connections.

If you are feeling brave you could set your router to discrete settings and direct your TV players to the best band be it 2.,4 or 5GHz. If you choose to to this make sure you use separate band id’s and passwords.

Don't hesitate contacting Shaw, they will help you fine tune your setup. Don't rule out a defective box. That happened to me. Shaw support can test your boxes remotely. Have your serial numbers and room locations handy.

The Wireless TV players can work very well and can get a tv signal to a room without cable. But these boxes rely on good wifi networks. Wifi can be very fussy.

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your ne...

shaw-valerie

@Splashadian Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your new equipment. What kind of trouble are you running into? 

0 Kudos

You name it we had it. Dropping audio, freezing picture,...

luvadubdub
Grasshopper

You name it we had it.

Dropping audio, freezing picture, remote unresponsive, picture quality coming and going. Best thing we did is switch back. Nobody could get it straightened out and online support finally admitted it’s a troublesome product with tons of issues. If you had gateway previously, switch back. Couldn’t be happier. 

0 Kudos

No doubt there are issues to work out...mostly around wif...

rickatk
Master

@luvadubdub wrote:

You name it we had it.

Dropping audio, freezing picture, remote unresponsive, picture quality coming and going. Best thing we did is switch back. Nobody could get it straightened out and online support finally admitted it’s a troublesome product with tons of issues. If you had gateway previously, switch back. Couldn’t be happier. 

No doubt there are issues to work out...mostly around wifi and the intricacies of various household dynamics. You didn't have to go back to Gateway. You can have all the benefits of a full BlueCurve setup including 4K, Cloud PVR and some of the major streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Crave TV and voice navigation. All of that is available with a wired setup as well.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help