Hi mdk, Wow!!! That's a great tip about the Cancellation...

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

Hi mdk,

Wow!!! That's a great tip about the Cancellation Fee vs the Monthly Fee. Thanks hey!

I'm going to wait to make sure Shaw received my Sept 11th pymt bcuz online they're still saying I'm 2 days overdue yet it's been PAID via Online Banking.  I always take a screenshot of my payment so Shaw can't say that I didn't pay!                                                              I think it's just Shaw's way of Squeezing those few Extra $$$ out of me by saying I'm Late when it's clearly the Banks fault for Not Posting it IMMEDIATELY!!! Shaw should give a 3 day leeway just for this reason alone about online payments and how long it takes Banks to Post them!                                               And I REFUSE to Pay my bill even 1 day Early. I always pay it on the 11th before Midnight BC time, only bcuz that's the End and Start of my New billing cycle!

Now, about the New Modem and still having big issues (I've already had Freezing issues 8x just this week - 1 being an hour ago, plus all the Audio Garbling and Skipping which happens mostly on A&E) but they did send me a NEW Coaxial which I installed when I switched out the Modem! All cables and wires are New!

I may just cancel and not even bother waiting now till December, but I'd like to have Telus all ready to go first. Think I'll call telus 2moro to see how long it'll take before they can get here. 

It's really sad to say this, but I don't want to be without TV services for even 1 day bcuz I watch it all thru the night!   I record all day every day while at work and then I watch everything I've recorded every night and repeat 7 days a week! A real exciting life hey, lol!  Well, I do watch live TV too for News and or Specials, but it's mostly the recorded stuff...

The only reason I haven't switched to Telus yet after putting up with Shaw's crappy services for several years is bcuz I've been waiting for Telus to catch up in the PVR department bcuz previously, Telus customers could only record 2 programs and watch live tv at any given time, unlike Shaw where you can record 6 and watch live. But yay, Telus has finally caught up!! And now with that AMAZING Offer from Telus, who can resist!? I mean, a 6 Month bill Credit, Free Crave, Free Netflix, Choice of either an Interior or Exterior  Wireless Security System, their Fastest Internet and adding in my Mobility for LESS $$$ per month than what I'm paying Shaw now, so I'd be a real fool to pass this up!!

I find it really funny that Shaw can't and won't give their customers any Offers with Amazing Deals?!? Why is Shaw so darn CHEAP when Telus has absolutely No Problem giving people Amazing Offers/Deals??

And here's something else that's funny! Since I've commented on here, I keep receiving emails from Shaw wanting me to comment on their services, pffft to that!

Plus, not to mention all the calls I've been getting and ignoring bcuz they want me to resign my Contract! So I am ignoring their calls too bcuz they always talk me into staying with them, but NOT this time!!

Anyway, mdk, I'll let you know what happens... Thanks again and Ciao for now 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

PS... If you do decide to switch to Telus, I hope you get some really amazing offers/deals too..

0 Kudos

Just to let you know what I constantly go thru with Shaw...

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

Just to let you know what I constantly go thru with Shaw and why I'm frustrated to the point of CANCELLING, here I am an hour later after I replied to mdk and my system is FROZEN AGAIN!!!!! 

I can't get Guide, I can't Exit out of the Recordings List, I can't do anything, and NO its NOT the remote batteries bcuz I have brand NEW batteries even though I just Replaced them on Saturday inspite that they were still 51%, but I didn't want people telling me maybe it's the remote batteries.

The issue here is Shaw provides Crappy Service bcuz I have issue after issue after issue each and every day and night... Sometimes I feel that Shaw does this on purpose bcuz of the comments I make!?

0 Kudos

You obviously need a service technician to come to your p...

rstra
Grand Master

@kaycee01p 

You obviously need a service technician to come to your place to try and figure out what is going on, it is most likely a signal issue. Anyhow, good luck with Telus, I am sure it will work out fine. 

0 Kudos

-- it's clearly the Banks fault for Not Posting it IMMEDI...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kaycee01p -- it's clearly the Banks fault for Not Posting it IMMEDIATELY!!!

Yes, but complaining here will not affect your bank's policies.

Shaw should give a 3 day leeway just for this reason alone about online payments and how long it takes Banks to Post them!

I know of no other big business that allows any "leeway" with their due dates. Maybe, an owner/operator business will be more lenient.

And I REFUSE to Pay my bill even 1 day Early. I always pay it on the 11th before Midnight BC time, only bcuz that's the End and Start of my New billing cycle!

Do you pay online through the My Shaw Portal, or online through your bank? With that Portal, you bypass any "lag" caused by your bank, and Shaw immediately receives your payment.

Remember that Shaw's headquarters are in Calgary, with computers working on Mountain Time. So, any payment after 11 PM Pacific will be received on the next day, in Calgary, making it "late".

Finally, note that switching away from Shaw TV will "forfeit" all your recorded programs. So, watch everything, before you cancel your Shaw TV. I know of no way to download all your content, for post-Shaw viewing.

P.S. Have some buttons on your Shaw Remote become "broken", such that pressing them has no effect. While pressing a button, watch the Shaw PVR, to see if it lights-up a lamp, when it receives each "button-press". 

P.S. Is your Shaw PVR connected to a surge-protector? Maybe, a small power-surge is "freezing" the device, forcing you to power-off the device (disconnect the power-cord) and then power-on, to restart it. After you switch to Telus TV, be sure to use a power-bar that offers surge-protection for that device.

0 Kudos

Nov 1 2022. Watching Canucks hockey on PVR and pixelation...

ECLM
Grasshopper

Nov 1 2022. Watching Canucks hockey on PVR and pixelation and freezing is bad. Also general broadcast quality is bad. Not sharp especially during fast moving events. When we fast forward or rewind, the recording can't cope and it takes us back to the beginning of the program.  Very frustrating. Have decided not to fast forward or rewind so that we can hopefully get to the end of the recording.

0 Kudos

-- do you have an older PVR, with a disk-drive inside it,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ECLM -- do you have an older PVR, with a disk-drive inside it, to record your selections, or do you have the newer BlueCurve TV box, which records onto the Shaw "cloud", and retrieves from there?  

If the former, it is possible that the internal disk-drive is "aging-out" -- long past its warranty, after working 24/7/365 for several years, always recording what you are watching, so that you can "rewind" any "live" broadcast. If so, your only choices are: 

1. replace the PVR,
  2. add an external disk-drive, if your PVR will support it, and the PVR will record all "new" programs to it, instead of writing to the internal disk-drive, thus bypassing the "flaky" disk-drive.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

I had a technician come out last week because of a proble...

samsonsg303
Grasshopper

I had a technician come out last week because of a problem I was having with the Internet. He found the problem and fix it and why he was there he switched my television modems and looks like he upgraded them to blue curve. However, what we’re noticing now besides all the changes in channel numbers is that the screen will freeze with no sound for minutes on end and then it’ll resume what’s happening here is my question.

0 Kudos

-- if you have a new coaxial-cable between your wall-outl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@samsonsg303 -- if you have a new coaxial-cable between your wall-outlet and your BlueCurve box, and have tried a different HDMI cable between your TV and your BlueCurve, then you'll have to look elsewhere:

1. the coaxial-cable from the nearest telephone/power-company pole connecting to Shaw's "demarcation" box on the side of your single-family residence;
  2. the coaxial-cables inside your level of your MURB (Multiple Unit Residential Building);
  3. the coaxial-cables inside your walls, leading to the wall-outlet.

Contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222) to get the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to their Shaw box, to view the "signal-strength" reaching the box. Low signal-levels are definitely not good.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help