Slow channel changing on Blue curve TV

janrul
Grasshopper

channel changing is taking too long , more than a minute sometimes, in the last couple of days.

**bleep** happens with all the boxes in the house. I've restart, rebooted all several times and does not improve.

I've tested my Internet speeds and they are good. This box does not seen to have the quality to handle all the data 

I guess. Not 100% of the time but too often. Are there any issues with the system or is just on my end?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Is this a wireless box? Regardless, try resetting the box...

rickatk
Master

@janrul wrote:

channel changing is taking too long , more than a minute sometimes, in the last couple of days.

**bleep** happens with all the boxes in the house. I've restart, rebooted all several times and does not improve.

I've tested my Internet speeds and they are good. This box does not seen to have the quality to handle all the data 

I guess. Not 100% of the time but too often. Are there any issues with the system or is just on my end?

Is this a wireless box?

Regardless, try resetting the boxes. The help button on the remote get you to the section you want to reset the device. Reset the main box then the satellites.

0 Kudos

If I reset the system, will I lose my PVR recordings ?

janrul
Grasshopper

If I reset the system, will I lose my PVR recordings ?

0 Kudos

It's not a wireless box.

janrul
Grasshopper

It's not a wireless box.

0 Kudos

The Help menu in BlueCurve TV will give you the option to...

shaw-valerie

@janrul The Help menu in BlueCurve TV will give you the option to either Restart (which is similar to disconnecting from power to reboot) and System Refresh which is a little more in-depth and what you can try here. Note that the system refresh option will take around 10-20min, and be sure not to unplug any of your equipment during this process. Neither option would have any impact on your recordings. 

0 Kudos

Tried

Peteda
Grasshopper

Tried

0 Kudos

Hey Peteda,   Since these are not wireless boxes, the str...

shaw-don

Hey Peteda,

Since these are not wireless boxes, the strength of your Internet has no bearing on the quality of your TV services. If after trying the reset you are still having trouble with the box being sluggish to responses, I would recommend contacting us https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us and we can look into it further for you. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help