Sportsnet O channel 203

speednut
Grasshopper

Lately the program guide shows an NHL game scheduled,  yet the channel has a basketball game.

This has happened a number of times recently.

So disappointed with Roger's. The service and the support have gone downhill since they took over.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

The channel broadcaster is responsible for guide programm...

rstra
Grand Master

@speednut  The channel broadcaster is responsible for guide programming, if it is Sportsnet, then it would be Rogers.

0 Kudos

An hour waiting to connect with support followed by anoth...

speednut
Grasshopper

An hour waiting to connect with support followed by another 1/2 hour waiting for support to confirm it's a provider issue and not a broadcaster issue.

Does it really matter who's at fault when Rogers is both the provider and the broadcaster (Sportsnet)? They have a monopoly on high priced mediocrity.

0 Kudos

No, it doesn’t matter to the customer, Rogers owns both,...

rstra
Grand Master

@speednut  No, it doesn’t matter to the customer, Rogers owns both, but it is the broadcaster that controls what goes out on their channel. Telus and Bell broadcasts of that channel would have had the same programming on Sportsnet.

0 Kudos

Did you even read my response? I think I was pretty clear...

speednut
Grasshopper

Did you even read my response? I think I was pretty clear that the response from support was that it was a "provider issue, not a broadcaster issue. Anyhow thanks for wasting my time.

0 Kudos

Yes, i read it, and they were wrong.

rstra
Grand Master

@speednut  Yes, i read it, and they were wrong. 😀

0 Kudos

wrote: yet the channel has a basketball game. A few possi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@speednut wrote: yet the channel has a basketball game.

A few possibilities come to mind:

1. the NBA game was "live", and was running long (overtime?), or started late (weather-related delay in start time), and SportsNet stayed with the game, until it ended, before switching to the NHL game.
  2. it was a "local blackout" -- the NHL does not allow SportsNet Ontario to broadcast an NHL game in Ontario (Toronto? Ottawa?) in the Ontario region.  The NHL wants you to attend in person. So, SportsNet substitutes with an NBA game.

In November 1968, in the USA, some network manager shifted away from a live NFL game, to start the broadcast of the "Heidi" movie exactly at its scheduled time.  A great uproar followed. See: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-heidi-bowl

0 Kudos

They seem to shift games around quite often. Check the tv...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

They seem to shift games around quite often. Check the tvtv.ca website for programming line-ups as an alternative to the EPG.

Most of the time it is up to date. Recently, they added a Monday afternoon NFL game at last minute, as in with 2 days notice.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help