Support

jmarge
Grasshopper

We recently changed over to bluesky.  We were told it is wireless so easy to set up.  When we went to pick up the equipment, found out it's not wireless in our city, so we were left to set everything up on our own.  While speaking with someone to activate everything, the support person said he was going to check something out and would call back, which he never did.  Now I am trying to get help because our equipment doesn't communicate with each other as far as the recordings go.  However, tech support really isn't helping any.  After waiting forever, I was told it needed a filter or some such thing, and they could and would fix it from outside.  Still nothing, and the support person left without a word.  Not impressed with their service.  Bluesky still not working the way it is supposed to.  Very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

> We were told it is wireless so easy to set up.  > When...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> We were told it is wireless so easy to set up. 

> When we went to pick up the equipment, found out it's not wireless in our city ...

The Shaw cable-modem provides WiFi access to all your devices inside your home.  The SSID (the name of the wireless network) and the password for the wireless network should be visible on a label on the cable-modem.  Your devices should be able to connect to that network, to get Internet access.

Follow this link for access to the "Shaw GoWiFi" network, which gives free WiFi access on your devices at many points in your city to all Shaw customers.

Hint: if you think that the local Shaw office cannot help you, telephone them outside of their normal business hours, e.g., early in your morning, or late in your evening.  Your call may be picked-up by a Shaw employee in a different province, as part of Shaw's "24/7" support, and you might get a better response.

0 Kudos

I think the original question was about BlueSky TV not in...

Soso406
Grasshopper

@mdkI think the original question was about BlueSky TV not internet. BlueSky TV is not wireless, the main unit and the portals have to be connected by cable. I believe all BlueSky setup has to be done by a Shaw tech on site.

0 Kudos

I'm very sorry to hear that your recent self connect inst...

shaw-valerie

@jmarge I'm very sorry to hear that your recent self connect installation did not go smoothly as planned. Are you still seeing issues with communication between the boxes in your home? If so, we would likely need to setup a service visit for you, which our technical support team can assist with, get in touch with them here

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help