Theme Pack Question

nanuuk
Grasshopper

1. Can theme packs be ordered standalone?

2. If so, are they price protected as a value plan?

3. I am currently using an older model Gateway (Arris) HDPVR and Portal for my second TV. If I switch plans to theme packs and pick 'n pays will I get the channels in HD (no SD)?

I am currently on a two year value plan that expires in November, 2024. Roger has recently announced price increases and as a senior it is getting tough to absorb these increases.

I have recently checked out TekSavvy as a possible alternative service, but would very much like to remain a Shaw Rogers customers.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Thanks for responses in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

You can order theme packs but you would also need to subs...

rstra
Grand Master

@nanuuk  You can order theme packs but you would also need to subscribe to Limited TV. While Limited TV price is controlled by the federal government, the theme packs would be subject to price changes. The legacy gateway would give you the channels in HD if they are broadcast in HD.

Your current value plan is price protected until November 2024, the announced price increase won’t affect you until it is time to renew.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response. This prompts a few more...

nanuuk
Grasshopper

Thank you for the quick response. This prompts a few more questions if you don't mind.

If I make changes to my current value plan will it effect the current discounts associated with the plan? For example, I am currently paying $79/month for the old grandfathered Popular Tv plan and $11/month for the old Films/Variety Pack. If I were to substitute TV basic and a few theme packs would the original discounts go away?

And as an fyi, in the old Popular TV app, channels such as Cottage Tv and TCM both come in as SD. This is why I was wondering about receiving them in HD with a plan change, but not substituting a new box.

0 Kudos

I can’t say how Rogers will respond to a change in your v...

rstra
Grand Master

@nanuuk  I can’t say how Rogers will respond to a change in your value plan, but I am quite sure your grandfathered plan and associated discounts would be gone for good. There would also be a charge for early cancellation.

I probably wasn’t clear in my first post, limited TV isn’t available as part of a value plan, so you wouldn’t be changing your original plan, you would be cancelling it. Give Rogers a call and see what they can do for you.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help