Time Shift Channels

Madhatter87rx7
Grasshopper

I live in Alberta but like having Eastern Time Shift for TV channels. Why are they in SD ?

When will Shaw provide them in HD? I want to see a circle as a circle not an oval egg like one. It makes people look short and fat too.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

I live in British Columbia, and subscribe to the Time-Shi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I live in British Columbia, and subscribe to the Time-Shift group of TV channels.

On my older PVR, I get both the SD and HD versions of those channels.

My HD channels start at 199, and go up into the high 200s.

For me, the time-shift channels start in the 204 to 208 range.

It's your TV that is configured to "stretch" the SD picture onto your wide-screen TV. Can you disable that configuration?

Which Shaw TV box do you have?

Have you logged-in to My Shaw, and then reviewed the list of channels to which you are subscribed?

0 Kudos

I just came to Shaw 2 weeks ago. I have Bluecurve Total T...

Madhatter87rx7
Grasshopper

I just came to Shaw 2 weeks ago. I have Bluecurve Total TV with Time Shift as an after thought. Your actual channel line up is different to mine here in Medicine Hat. I am not able to havemy TV follow the channel. 16:9 or 4:3  are my choices . It is a Shaw delivery problem not my TV problem. I also chevked those channels with ShawTv app as well as laptop. All  Eastern Time Shifts are SD stretched.

0 Kudos

> 16:9 or 4:3 are my choices. HD is that 16-to-9 ratio. S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> 16:9 or 4:3 are my choices.

HD is that 16-to-9 ratio. SD is that 4-to-3 ratio.

Configure your TV to not "stretch" to the full-width of the screen, i.e., 4-times-3-to-9-times-3 will fill the screen from bottom-to-top, and leave "black bars" (2 units of black, 12 units of picture, 2 units of black) on the left and right edges.

0 Kudos

I want to remove time shift. Good luck trying got accompl...

lncherry
Grasshopper

I want to remove time shift. Good luck trying got accomplish this. Shaw will hook you up to any option that gives them money. Deleting that option not so easy. You must phone custom service to try and delete time share. In my opinion that is Shaws way of making things inconvenient, for members to just give up.

0 Kudos

Same !! I have been calling Shaw since 2020 !! To remove...

shar8
Grasshopper

Same !! I have been calling Shaw since 2020 !! To remove Time Shift.  They would say it would be removed.  Only to appear on my next bill every month.  THEY MAKE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO difficult !!!  Ridiculous.  Moving to Telus

0 Kudos

Hi  , how is that even possible?  When you talked to them...

g-idk
Master

Hi @shar8 , how is that even possible?  When you talked to them and they said it would be removed, that procedure is done right away and those channels would be removed from your service.  Did you not check to see that those channels were removed when you are scrolling thru your selection later on that same day, and if they are still available you immediately know that it was not cancelled and you would call them back and say they are still watchable. How could you not know those channels are there until you receive your next bill and you have been doing this same routine since 2020.  I have cancelled and changed over many channels and have never experienced such a situation.  Hopefully you will be more happy then with Telus and won't let a problem stew for 3years.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help