Tv won't stay on and cable box non responsive

corinne
Grasshopper

power will not stay on my newish Samsung tv and also the cable box is non responsive.  Remote will not power it on, nor will any buttons on remote work.
Everything has been unplugged, rested, reset ( including the tv power button) a few times.
I reprogrammed remotes, batteries are good.and I can only get a picture if I hold power button on tv but still cannot control sound or channels.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

since power is not staying on, it may be a power-related...

shaw-tony

@corinne since power is not staying on, it may be a power-related issue. Is everything plugged into a power bar? Are you able to plug directly into a wall outlet (TV and TV box) to see if they stay on? 

0 Kudos

Power is staying on but ni o signal message on screen

Wendy26
Grasshopper

Power is staying on but ni

o signal message on screen

0 Kudos

Does the POWER button on the TV work correctly? If not, t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Does the POWER button on the TV work correctly? If not, try a different TV. Some computer display screens have the same video-input ports as your TV.

A need to hold-down the POWER button indicates that this button on the remote-control has become defective. What happens if you replace the remote-control?  Or, even borrow a Shaw remote-control from a friend?  The "Guide" and "Info" and "Exit" and "channel up/down" buttons on that remote will work with your Shaw box, but the "mute" and "volume up/down" buttons will not work, until you reprogram that borrowed remote to interact with your TV (no longer with your friend's TV).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help