Jump to solution

Why wasn't I able to watch movies I PVRed after free Crave TV weekend ended? Was Shaw being chintzy?

K3V1N55
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

TV Discussions

K3V1N55
Grasshopper

I may have figured it out. The PVRed Crave programs can't be highlighted unless I click on the A Button. Then the show appears in a small box, but it can't be paused, fast-forwarded, rewound. Today I pressed on the play button and I could hear the TV program. So I pressed on play a second time and the Crave program filled the screen and worked! If I fast forward 3 minutes then stop it, it will show that 2-3% of the program has been played. Then if I click on it again it will resume playing (then I can rewind to the beginning and proceed from there).. If I don't fast forward it a bit then I have to repeat the whole process from the beginning.

As strange as all this is...well it seems the problem has been solved!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jump to solution

That's weird - did you try watching them before the free...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

That's weird - did you try watching them before the free preview ended ???? I'm just wondering if there was a problem with your original recording because I just checked a couple of movies ( one from Crave 1 and one from HBO ) that I made during the free preview and they play just fine. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

TV Discussions

K3V1N55
Grasshopper

I PVRed 3 movies. I watched one WHILE the free Crave TV promotion was still on, but was unable to even click on the other 2 which I tried to watch AFTER the promotion ended. Usually all PVRed shows have the channel next to them, but there was just a blank after the movies I PVRed from Crave.

My mother-in-law phoned us about this problem that happened on her TV, so we checked our 2 TVs and noticed we had the same problem. I can't even click on the movies to delete them which can effect recording space.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

For Pete's sake - where the f is the quote option ???? So...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

For Pete's sake - where the f is the quote option ???? Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't. 😡

Anyway - not to be a smartass but did you record all these movies from the Crave 1 channel because that was the only Crave channel that was actually on the free preview. I'm asking this because a few moths ago I recorded something off a channel that had already finished it's free preview period. When I tried playing the show back the screen stayed blank as did the progress bar. The only way I could delete the footage was to go to the PVR list, highlight the show and then hit the clear button at the bottom left of the Gateway remote. Then you have to click on the " yes delete " option and that should get rid of the movie and free up some hard drive space. If that doesn't work try unplugging your PVR for about 15 seconds, plug it back in and then try my instructions again. If you still don't have any luck then you definitely need to call Tech Support.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

TV Discussions

K3V1N55
Grasshopper

They gave us free HBO and Crave 1. Thanks for the tip on how I can at least delete them. I'll try that, but it would be nice if I there was a way for Shaw to fix it so I could watch the movies.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Watch PVR'd Free Previews after Preview period

The_Dude
Grasshopper

I found that all my recorded programs will play if I press the Play button on the remote while highlighting the recorded program in the list view. The pop menu does not work when you press enter on the remote; to delete I had to fast forward to the end of the program after pressing play and then a menu pops up and I can delete it if I don't want to watch it.

I have dozens of recorded programs from several different free previews going back over a year. I am watching them when I feel like watching them.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

TV Discussion

K3V1N55
Grasshopper

I don't want to sound like a hopeless case, but I can't even highlight the titles which has to be done to delete them.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What model of cable box are you using?

shaw-valerie

@K3V1N55 What model of cable box are you using? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

TV Discussions

K3V1N55
Grasshopper

Dolby, I believe

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

TV Discussions

K3V1N55
Grasshopper

I may have figured it out. The PVRed Crave programs can't be highlighted unless I click on the A Button. Then the show appears in a small box, but it can't be paused, fast-forwarded, rewound. Today I pressed on the play button and I could hear the TV program. So I pressed on play a second time and the Crave program filled the screen and worked! If I fast forward 3 minutes then stop it, it will show that 2-3% of the program has been played. Then if I click on it again it will resume playing (then I can rewind to the beginning and proceed from there).. If I don't fast forward it a bit then I have to repeat the whole process from the beginning.

As strange as all this is...well it seems the problem has been solved!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help