AnsweredAssumed Answered

Another Outlook 2010 thread

Question asked by jimired on Nov 7, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 by [shaw]ali

"Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530 Authentication required"

I post his error message right off the bat, because this is where I have finally hit the rocks setting up using my shaw account with outlook 2010.

Spent hours on the phone waiting with no answer, and I don't know what else to do.

I understand this is a shaw forum so I will be polite despite the seething anger I have toward Shaw support right now.

Situation:  I need to set up a shaw web account on a laptop computer, separate from my home computer while Im on the road.  I don't want to erase email from the server I just want to see shaw mail as a duplicate email outlook to the one I have at home.

after changing my old password on webmail to fit the new requirement to login into the mobile settings and getting my account number from my wife to do that, (something Ive never had to do until now after various new outlook accounts, auto set up always worked fine until now....

I try the new account password on webmail and it works fine

When I try to set up an account on outlook and testing the incoming it work checkmark, but when sending I got this:   Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530 Authentication required

I wanted to talk to someone, but apparently everyone in India is busy. one sixty minute wait followed by another 30min wait.  so here I am hacking out on qwerty like a monkey.

can someone tell me what to do here please. 

James

Outcomes