bcb

Unresolved issue after update: 2 tuner "conflicts" when there should be none

Discussion created by bcb on Nov 11, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 by bcb

I know this issue isn't claimed to be resolved in the November firmware update and I've reported it before, however it's still happening and I'm not convinced if this actively being investigated or scheduled to be fixed

every once in a while I try to set a recording and then get a warning of a conflict when there should be no conflict at all. Presumably the warning is a result of scheduling a new recording when there are already 2 existing recordings in the same time slot. But

latest example I came across while trying out the otherwise somewhat useless Other Showtimes new feature:

- try to schedule a new series recording of Arrow on ch 9 8pm Wednesdays.

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 10.22.06 PM.jpg

this results in this bogus conflict warning:

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 10.22.13 PM.jpg

Note that unlike a valid conflict warning, this warning message doesn't show anything conflicting

in fact I happen to have only 1 other scheduled recording on Wed 8pms: Dragon's Den.  There should not be any conflict at all in the requested 8-9pm time slot

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 10.22.20 PM.jpg

as I've reported before, there are a number of strange problems I've seen with the 3510 involving 2 tuners, this just being one of them. And sadly there was nothing in the update last week that seemed aimed at 2 tuner issues, so it's unclear if things like this are being addressed.

Outcomes