AnsweredAssumed Answered

Gateway keeps losing expander

Question asked by toddgaucher@hotmail.com on Nov 14, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by ctworek

Hello, I recently got a gateway system with 2 portals.  Through 5 or 6 different technicians (who came to my house), we finally got the gateway system semi stable.  However, I have had no end of problems with the Shaw provided expander.  The gateway always loses connection with the expander.  I can unplug the power and the cable for the expander and then plug them back in, and the gateway acts as though the expander is new and wants to format the drive.  I have done the format the first few times, but I am getting tired of losing all my recordings when this happens every 3 days, so I have been using the system without the expander in use.  The system seems to prefer to put recorded programs on the expander first, so each time this happens, I basically lose the majority of my recordings.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Is this just a common hardware problem that the gateway doesn't work with the Shaw provided expander.  One tech told me that they were having problems with the expander and were not going to keep providing them as a result, until they found some more reliable hardware.  Is there any permanent solution to this problem?

Outcomes