So, over the last couple weeks, starting slowly, but now much more frequently, I cannot connect to any website for minutes at a time at least once per half hour.
Any current connection, such as a game or a stream from somewhere like twitch or netflix, does not drop, unless I refresh the page or make any changes to the stream, video, or server in the case of a game.
I've tried internet explorer, chrome, and firefox. I've also tried resetting the modem, restoring the modem, resetting my network adapter, restarting my PC, checking all cables, and trying 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 as DNS servers in the modem settings, like I've seen suggested on these forums.
The only major change I've made to my PC recently was update to windows 8.1. I am also using a CISCO DPC3825, as supplied by Shaw.
And the problem also carries over to my cell phone. It still shows as having a wireless connection, yet will not load any web pages, just times out like the browsers on my PC.
There are also no changes to the lights on the modem itself while this issue is occurring.