AnsweredAssumed Answered

Out of the country and trying to setup Outlook 2013 for Shaw email

Question asked by heatherd on Nov 25, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 by kevinds

I hope someone can help me with this POP3 email problem. I'm trying to download my email (3 accounts) from Shaw's webmail server to the new version of Outlook 2013. My account it is BC, Canada and I am currently in Grecia, Costa Rica with TIGO as ISP.  My Shaw acct. will be de-activated as of tomorrow afternoon and since I've been travelling for awhile I have lots of email on the webmail server that I need to download.

I have worked as helpdesk support previously and when downloading email using webmail accounts away from home, we always advised customers to use the incoming server as the home server and the outgoing server as the outgoing server for the location they were currently in.

I have contacted TIGO and they gave me their outgoing server as "pop.gmail.com" and outgoing server port # is 587, and they use TLS as encrypted connection, no SSL.

I can log into the incoming mail server successfully but when the program tries to send a test message the user name and password window comes up. I retyped the password and clicked on save this password, then clicked OIK but it just keeps looping back to that box....can't get passed it. Error message is "Send test e-mail message: Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings."

I've gone over the spelling of account names and passwords, etc. but nothing is working......help, please?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Heather

Outcomes