AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connection dropping

Question asked by eurioh316 on Dec 12, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 by [shaw]ali

Hello Shaw Forums, I decided that maybe I could voice myself on here to solve some of my connectivity issues.

As of recent, I as well as few of my friends have been having issues here in Langley, BC (Walnut Grove).

These issues go from web pages not loading, latency spiking in online games, and quite often the connection just drops out entirely.

For example, I would be casually skyping with my friends and the call would go dead.

Another would be playing any game which requires a low latency become impossible.

Over several years of being with Shaw, I haven't had too much troubles except since around Late-Spring of this year.

I understand that more and more people are using internet-services which require more and more bandwidth,

but I feel that Shaw should be responsible for keeping a stable connection to everyone as time progress.

Quite frankly, I'm frustrated with the service that I'm receiving now, and feel betrayed after being a loyal customer for a decade.

Moving along, I now fear that some Shaw reps would recommend switching to a new modem or what not.

I have multiple routers that I have tried with my current modem, and have found that it is not the problem of my trusty WRT54G going bad.

I have a strong dislike for the DPC3825 based on the experience of myself and others, so I would like to avoid that at all costs.

As a loyal customer, never missed a single payment, I feel pretty betrayed.

tl;dr My connection has been crap, and I'm hoping it's not a problem on my end. Please help.

Sorry for the long read, but it's been going on for too long and hoping that the problem would magically go away did not resolve anything.

Outcomes