AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why is this happening?

Question asked by stickboy on Dec 15, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 29, 2013 by stickboy

I set a recording for 24/7 Red Wings/Maple Leafs: Road to the NHL Winter Classic today at 4:30pm on Sportsnet Pacific. No problem. Then I realized I don't want a single recording but a Series recording, so I deleted the recording and tried to set a Series recording, when I got a message about a conflict. Some other day or time, I assumed, until I saw that the conflict was for today!

I already have set Survivor at 5pm (1 hour) and Bob's Burgers at 5:30 (half hour), so I cannot record something else from 5:30 onwards. It was telling me I have a conflict with Bob's Burgers at 5:30. But 24/7 is scheduled for 4:30 to 5:30 - there is no conflict!

I dismissed the message and tried again to set a single recording for 24/7 - no conflict. Tried Series recording again - conflict! What?

Now figure this one: While it was set as a one-off recording (with no conflict), I highlighted it and hit Record Series. No change to the little icon, it's a single red dot. Then I deleted the series, using the options menu. The recording went away from my Schedule, but it was still listed in Series. I tried to delete it from the Series list but it wouldn't go away. I went to the Guide and checked for today and it was not scheduled to record. I clicked for options and I could Record Program or Change Series Options. I tried to delete the Series from there, but it would not go. So I clicked Record Program - and now there is the Series Recording icon (multiple red dots) beside it, and no conflict. What?!

After all of this I realized two things: the Guide has not been updated to reflect the announced extended running time for 24/7, which would definitely conflict; and it is preceded by a football game, which could run over its allotted time. It is absolutely pointless to record 24/7 on this new Guide because it does not allow me to add extra time.

I have quickly set a Series recording for 24/7 on my old PVR, the Guide for which is updated to show the extended running time, and also has the ability to record extra time.

Of course, I am still stuck with 24/7 on the new box, because it just will not delete the Series recording for that!

Outcomes