AnsweredAssumed Answered

Vacation Suspension

Question asked by peterparch on Jan 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 by [shaw]ali

It seems that Shaw has done it again! This afternoon my wife called Shaw to request a 10 week  temporary suspension of our bundled services. When we last did this about a year and a half ago we were shocked to find that our rates had been increased by over 25% when our services were resumed. When we questioned Shaw about this, we were told that our "grandfathered" rates were lost with the vacation suspension and currently advertised rates were now in effect. The agent that I spoke to insisted that we had been informed of this when we requested the vacation suspension even though I was positive that we had not.

Now it has happened again. My wife was definitely not informed of any potential rate change caused by temporarily suspending services when she spoke with the Shaw agent today. I would like some information on what, if any, change in rates to expect when our service is resumed. I have been considering switching to TELUS Optic with their attractive introductory offers and if our rates do, indeed, increase again this may be the straw that broke
the camel's back.

Outcomes