AnsweredAssumed Answered

New PVR Boxes

Question asked by rad2 on Jan 23, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 by shaw-colin

We have recently had 2 of our old P.V.R.  boxes changed  out for newest model (3510).  The first box was replaced December 23 rd. At first the box in living room was acting up. On playback of recorded show the screen was all pixilated.  The second box was installed  in another room in the early part of January. Then my recordings on the second box started not having any sound on playback.  Then scheduled recordings were not being done.  Now in the past week I have had 5 or 6 recordings all pixilated  when we go to watch  it. Then I tried to record the last football game with the Seahawks. I was asked if I wanted to add more time to the recording. I selected yes. There was only 1/2 hour of the program recorded. a  We made our first phone call to Shaw a tech was going to be sent  out on Sunday.  That Sunday morning  we had a call from the tech saying that there was no point in him coming out as it was a glitch in the system and that there was nothing that he could do.  Surprising!  After I was missing would my recordings I sent an mail to Shaw.  I was advised that they reset the boxes. You have shows set up as weekly series but you are not getting them.  After being so frustrated last night about not getting my recordings One episode of the Klondike had no sound.  On Monday night the first episode of Klondike was all pixilated. We placed yet  another call was  to Shaw.  This person says that there is a problem with anyone who has this box in the Royston area.  They are working on fixing the issues.  No time frame was given for this to be completed.  A tech is scheduled to come out on Sunday but again he may call and say differently. I would like to get my old P.V.R.   box back.  I'm not very happy with how we have been treated or the fact that it is hit or miss if our P.V.R is going to work.  We purchased our boxes in hope that they would make life easier! What are we paying for?  Anybody hear any problems with Telus system, that may have to be our next choice!

Outcomes