AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why did shaw just give up???

Question asked by jbraich on Jan 23, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 by [shaw]jeff

We cannot stand slow internet speeds, so for us paying $90 for “Broadband 100” (100Mbs) is a good value proposition. However, I am sick of receiving speeds less than “High Speed 25” (25Mbs), a plan that is $60 less. Today the speeds were less than 10Mbs. It’s been more than 6 months and I have made countless calls to Shaw. I have told them a number of times that I work from home and the current internet speeds simply don’t allow me to work (I can’t establish the required connections to our work network). All they can say is that it’s an issue in your neighborhood. I have spoken to a few neighbors and it turns out Shaw is wrong. Their other excuse is that your speed will suffer during peak hours. After today’s call, the gentlemen on the phone basically said, they have done everything possible, gave me a $15 discount on the internet and said Shaw will hopefully address the issue in your neighborhood within in the next 6 months!! Are you joking?? How does a service provider just give up?? The tech also left and said there is nothing Shaw can do. WTF!!

I don’t understand how in this day and age we only have two internet service providers in Calgary to select from: Shaw or Telus. Shaw knows this very well and it seems that it is one of the most complacent organizations out there. The plans that Telus offer only go upto 50Mbs. In reality I will probably get less than half.

Don’t know what to do at this point.

Message was edited by: [shaw]jeff for language

Outcomes