AnsweredAssumed Answered

Program drop-outs and Loss of Signal

Question asked by robbob on Jan 23, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 by [shaw]jeff

I'm getting frustrated with the increasing occurrences of the choppiness of TV programming, lack of audio sync, frequent "loss of Signal" and "Can't communicate with the Gateway" not to mention the complete loss of programming at the top of the hour if you happen to be watching slightly delayed.

For example, tonight I was watching "Elementary" on channel 206 CBS-HD.  The signal loss/Can't communicate messages were coming thick and fast during the program, but did not occur at all during the commercial messages.  So much of the content was lost that I will have to record it on another channel later tonight and watch it again, just to fill in the blanks.  Over the past weeks, we have been watching several other shows in which we were running a few minutes behind due to pauses we added.  We did not find out those shows ended as the programs we were watching were "bumped" at the top of the hour when the next show began.  The audio content of numerous programs is slightly out of sync making them look like poorly dubbed foreign films.

What is going on Shaw?  What is the point of having channels we can't watch or the pause/play capability on "live" TV if it does not work?

Are you even aware that things are less than optimal?

I've had the Gateway now for 2 1/2 years now and things are getting worse, not better….

Outcomes