AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cisco DPC3825 Dropping Wireless Connection Despite Changing Channels

Question asked by webwraith on Jan 28, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 by [shaw]jeff

I am experiencing a problem similar to the one described by Sellysell in this thread: Cisco DPC3825

I have followed the steps outlined by the responses to this thread. I have relocated my router and changed the channel settings to all available channels.The wireless connection from the above router continues to drop.  I can see it dropping and reconnecting in the system tray in the bottom right of my screen. The wired connection is solid and has been confirmed by calling Shaw technical support.  It is only the wireless connection that drops.

I am running WinXp with up to date service packs and drivers.  This continuous dropping is now making it impossible to use my DLNA enabled DVD player to receive streamed content from my hard drive and play it through my TV / stereo.  This problem is fairly recent and I have had this router for over 2 years, using the wireless connection and DLNA streaming successfully the whole time without having to relocate my router from its original position or change the channel, which was originally set to 11.

Is there another solution you can offer?  I have been a Shaw customer for many years. Is Shaw now using an improved router that I can get in exchange for my current one?

Your assistance appreciated.

Outcomes