Add me to the growing list of Shaw customers who have many issues and much frustration with my new a Gateway. I can't imagine the developers of the current interface think this is good. Watching TV any paying Shaw a premium price for the privilege should not so difficult. Was this UI tested with real users before release?
Here is a list of initial concerns:
1. The installation guide that comes with the Gateway is worthless
2. I don't think you should have to spend hours online trying to get answers how to use a product
3. I would like to see more answers and less defending of the problems from Shaw. Example...if the zoom button is the exit button why not call it exit?
4. You removed the video input button from the remote...why.
5. The NOISE...you cannot find a way to quite the unit down? Some of us do not have the option of putting the Gateway in a garage or basement. If the unit has to be in the same room it is very annoying. It never shuts off even at night when nothing is recording or playing.
6. How about ditching the vertical listings and bringing back the horizontal grid and folders. This could be a deal breaker for me. Watching TV should not be stressful. It is suppose to be relaxing entertainment after a stressful day at work.
Enough for now...trust me the list could go on.