AnsweredAssumed Answered

Slow, almost unsuable Internet, Enderby, BC

Question asked by holden84 on Feb 2, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 by kyllaenk

I live in Enderby, BC. I have been a Shaw customer for just about a year now, and up until a few weeks ago I was very happy with my service. I have talked to 4 different Shaw Customer Service agents, and 1 tech that has come to my house, they all say something different. The tech came to my house, did not even look at the setup, did not test one thing, told me he got an email on the way over and it was an area issue, would be resolved in a week. Customer service on the phone tells me there is no area issue in my service area, and that he will get back to me, never did. The online reps that I have been emailing say there not sure, or its a major issue there working on.

I would first like to know what the issue is, so that I as a customer can understand why others are getting good service, and myself and many others are not able to use the internet during peak hours. Telling me its an issue they are working on doesn't cut it, I work in the tech industry, I want to know specifically what is wrong.

Secondly, I would like to know why if it is a serious issue affecting many subscribers, is it taking Shaw Communications, a giant in home internet services is taking there sweet time to fix it, you have the money, and the means, we all know it.

Why is it happening?

Why only certain areas or households?

How long till it can be resolved?

And if those questions cannot be answered, whats the number for Telus?

Outcomes