AnsweredAssumed Answered

Broadband 100 upload speed upgrade

Question asked by pcwiz on Feb 4, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 by steve604

Hi,

I would like to ask if SHAW will be upgrading the BB100 upload speed as promised 2 years ago? I have been waiting and asking around for some time and can't get a consistent answer.

Originally SHAW was going to upgrade BB100 to 10 Mbps upload after the DNU phase II was completed which in my area I was told it was. I am still on the old 5 Mbps upload and I was told that some users have already received the upgrade but they had to ask for it. Not sure if this is true or not.

Anyway, I have been reading around and I see that Telus is about to introduce their 100 Mbps package which will come with 20 Mbps upload speed.

Is there still any plans for SHAW to upgrade upload speed in the near future?

BTW, I ask this since I want to move away from my home software DEV/TEST environments to a cloud based one but still retain a copy of each at home which would sync automatically.

And not just that but also start backing up all my personal files to the cloud which is in the 10's of GB. Waiting 15 to 20 minutes to upload a 4 minute video taken with my phone to FB or YT frustrating and if it wasn't for the data usage limits on my mobile plan I would do it over LTE which gets it done in just over 2 minutes.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Martin

Outcomes